Mill Valley Fire Department and Mill Valley Neighborhood Response Groups (NRGs)
Hosts a Living Room Chat by Zoom
Michael St. John, MV Fire Dept.
Battalion Chief, Retired
Thursday, May 27 – 5:00-6:00 pm – Registration in advance is required – see link below.
Our Living Room Chat will focus on the neighborhoods in Mill Valley and discuss the concerns our Fire Department has about renewed drought conditions in California, predictions about this year’s fire season and what we all can do to minimize our risks.
Discussion with Battalion Chief Michael St. John on the following safety topics:
- Emergency notifications: is everyone signed up for Alertmarin and Nixle?
- What is the difference between an Evacuation Warning and an Evacuation Order and how will I receive that information?
- What actions should be included in my family’s Evacuation Plan; what should you do before you leave your home?
- Does every family member have a Grab & Go Bag and what should be in it?
- What is a Community Refuge Area (CRA) and where is the closest one to my house?
- What’s the latest on the new vegetation ordinances and what do we need to do to be compliant? What’s the latest on the state ordinances?
- What’s new with our Neighborhood Response Group organization and how can we make sure that everyone is included?
- Firewise Communities: what does that mean and are we registered for that? What are the advantages?
When: Thursday, May 27, 2021 05:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.